Ingredients : 75 grams (3/4 cup) Sambar Dal
Vegetables of your choice ( drumstick, Ladies finger, Brinjal anyone of the listed)
Chopped Onion 2 Table Spoon, Tomato – 1, Curry leaves , Sambar Powder – 1 tea-spoon, Tamarind water 1/4 the cup, Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tea-spoon, 1/4 tea-spoon mustard, Cooking oil – 3 Table spoon, Salt to taste, 1 pinch hing, 1/4 tea-spoon Turmeric.
Method : 1. Boil the dal with turmeric, hing, chopped tomato and enough water.
2. Add the cut vegetables into the boiled dal, add enough water, add turmeric, sambar powder & salt, allow it to cook for sometime.
3. Then add Tamarind water, and allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
4. Simultaneously keep a pan on gas, heat the cooking oil, add hing, fenugreek, mustard seed, curry leaves and onion. Allow it to fry till onion becomes slight brown.
5. Season the sambar with the thadka.
6. Decorate with coriander leaves.
7. Put off the gas.
Serve hot with RICE or IDLY / DOSA.